Current situation of coronavirus outbreak
Is there any cure for the novel coronavirus? Coronavirus outbreak is the most popular topic around the world and to cause epidemics in a few parts of the world. A coronavirus is a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals, birds, and humans.
Wuhan coronavirus started in a fish market. The risk of coronavirus is very high in China and high at the regional and global levels. The necessary steps are taken to control the spreading of coronavirus and according to the daily update of the World Health Organization as at date 12th of February 2020,
- Globally 45 171 confirmed cases (2068 new)
- China 44 730 confirmed cases (2022 new)
- 8204 severe cases (871 new)
- 1114 deaths cases (97 new)
- Outside of China 441 proved (46 new)
The novel coronavirus is spreading through 24 countries, and one death is recorded outside of China.
Cure to coronavirus
Lots of research by medical experts is going on to understand its epidemiology, symptoms, treatment, and prevention aspects.
But, there is no specific treatment available as of now. That means, still no antiviral treatment is found to treat the novel coronavirus.
The novel coronavirus infection may be self-limited as other coronavirus infections; the treatment is mainly supportive and symptomatic. Self-limited or self-limiting means that given enough time, the person will recover without medical intervention and symptomatic ways support vital organs and treat the symptoms.
How to treat coronavirus victims?
Symptoms of coronavirus are,
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Breathing difficulties
- Pain in the body
For the corona, victims with severe breathing difficulties should provide oxygen support and conservative fluid management from the hospitals. Bronchodilators are added to ease breathing for patients with minor breathing difficulties under the medical supervision.
Read more – Is coronavirus contagious?
For the patients with fever, body pain, fatigue, headache administered to treat with antipyretics and anti-inflammatory drugs by hospitals.
Inflammation-induced-lung injuries also can be seen within corona patients, and to prevent these corticosteroids can be given under the medical supervision.
If the patient gets other secondary infections or complications, appropriate antibiotics may be administered by the doctors.
Proper quarantine, medical supervision, nutrition, and rest helps to cure the victims further.
Read more – What’s the right mask for the coronavirus?
How to avoid the spreading of coronavirus?
Steps to check the spread of infection, as well as reinfection, is a must. This takes a multidirectional approach and needs cooperation from all sections of society.
For suspected or close contacts with corona victims or the public in general and the like, the following steps may be advised to avoid infection as well as to prevent its spread.
- Drink plenty of fluids, at least 3 liters of hot water daily
- Steam inhalation is suitable for people with minor breathing difficulties
- Use a room humidifier or cool mist vaporizer to keep the air around you clean
- The essential point is proper nutrition and rest to boost your immunity
- Avoid crowded places as much as possible
- Use an appropriate facial mask when you go out
- Always wash your hands with soap and running water before eating, after using public transport, after using toilets and before cooking
- Use a hand sanitizer. Please keep it in your bag
- When you cough or sneeze, cover up your mouth and nose with a tissue.
- Dispose of your used tissues properly. Don”t reuse the tissues or handkerchiefs once you used
- Avoid touching mouth, eyes, nose, and genitals with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your house or office
- Avoid raw meat or fish. Cook meat thoroughly
- Do not share personal hygiene items with anybody like towel, handkerchief, tissues, and razors
- Avoid going out in affected areas. Stay indoors as much as possible
- Ensure proper ventilation
- Avoid smoking and the smoky regions as much as possible
- If you feel like sick, seeking appropriate medical advice is a must
This list should not be taken as professional medical advice. The purpose of this is to spread general awareness and to prevent panic.
It would be best if you took proper medical advice when you feel symptoms.